mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 19 May 2022, 12:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2008, 14:14 

i got in to mesh 29 cause of Kerry. she was telling me about them and she let me listen to them on her MP3 player and i like the music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2008, 16:44 

I went to see The Matches on their first UK headline show at the barfly in camden last nov, was v.happy when i found out about one of the support but wasn't sure who else was supporting...cue 2nd band, on come mesh-29 within first song i'm thinking 'this is gonna be soooooo boring, especially during two punky bands' but then within a few songs i was thinking 'ya know this is actually quite beautiful'. 'Over The Barricade' very nearly brought tears to my eyes and i got a bit of a lump in my throat during Ant's solo number (i later found out that song is/was called 'passenger seat'), picked up the single on the way out and loved the other two tracks. Started listening on myspace and stuff, decided to get a ticket for the norwich arts centre gig and go back to uni on the monday after instead of the weekend before I went back to uni, also got the album for christmas :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2008, 21:05 
Site Admin

SkaKidJess86 wrote:
wasn't sure who else was supporting...cue 2nd band, on come mesh-29

Now this is precisely why it's good to give the support acts a chance. Who knows who you might find.

Last edited by Disco Biscuit on 26 Jan 2008, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2008, 22:31 

Disco Biscuit wrote:
TTRmassivefan wrote:
I think martin should have a little rest while the rest of us spread the love of mesh-29

As it happens I got them the other way round. mesh-29 first, then Martin. A bit chicken and egg syndrome if you will!

you are right there Kerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2008, 00:52 

Martin......You've done a grand job!!!

Lots of 'Keano's' here....

I myself got 'recruited' from the Wembley Keane Gig.......that was an excellent idea handing out EP's....(Thanks MaryDM).

So...are 'Mesh' still giving out EP's at gigs? great idea,....

And I am just so excited about seeing you guys again!!!

Claire xx

Post subject: Re: How did you discover mesh-29???
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2008, 22:07 

One day I went on myspace and saw this band call Mesh-29 wanted me to add they on there list. So, I went to their page and had a listen to their music and was wow this band is really good. Now, here I am and love their music!!! :D

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 00:33 
Site Admin

All roads lead to this forum, and myspace is a fairly major highway by the looks of it! :D

PostPosted: 23 May 2008, 01:41 

When I opened my facebook, there was one inbox, I opened it, and it was from a guy named Adam, who wants me to listen to his band's music. He told me that he found me whilst browsing for keane fans, so here I am, after listening mesh-29 song, I end up in meeting you guys.

Maybe, if he never add me, I would never know that there is a band called Mesh-29. So, thank you Adam :D

Don't walk in front of me
I may not follow
Don't walk behind me
I may not lead
Walk beside me
and be my true friend
” - Albert Camus

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 15:37 

As I found out recently (because I never delete any messages on myspace and wanted to recently):
Request by Adam back in 2006. Fell in love with the first listen and didn't change until now. They actually became one of the few bands I can always listen to and that I never forgot (which happens rather often that I forget about a band). They are still one of my most favorite bands. :) Never saw them live and I have no idea why.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 20:20 
Site Admin

Heilewelt wrote:
Fell in love with the first listen.

Snap! You and me both. Mine first one was 'Waiting For The Day', and I'll always have a soft spot for that song 'cos of it.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 23:44 

Disco Biscuit wrote:
Heilewelt wrote:
Fell in love with the first listen.

Snap! You and me both. Mine first one was 'Waiting For The Day', and I'll always have a soft spot for that song 'cos of it.

uhm, I never added Adam, I think. The funny thing is that he found me because of the many acustic acts I had as friends back then and when I read it now I couldn't remember who that might have been.
Obviously the write a personal message thing was a good way to promote the band. Even though I admit nowadays it got "harder" to get into my myspace friends (because I only add what I like). :)