mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 07 Feb 2023, 13:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Colchester Twist: Friday 6th March 2009
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 11:06 
Site Admin

Yet another top quality set, but sadly not as many people to see it as there have been at previous Twist shows (probably mainly to do with none of the bands being ‘local’).

First on was a girl singer, who started off with original material but ended with a succession of covers. I thought she was better than most female singers I’ve seen recently, with quite a distinctive and decent voice.

Scott & his Candle Thieves were on next, so there was no danger of this being a ‘one band night’ anyway. Highly entertaining as always (see separate post).

Main support were a band from “all over the place” (but based in Wigan, Lancs) called ‘This Devastated Fan’. When they first started playing, my first thoughts were that ‘I’m not going to enjoy these’ as they were pretty loud. They were actually really good, though – tight band and a really good singer. They remained loud but, like Muse (admittedly a ‘lazy’ comparison) the melodies were strong throughout and the singer’s voice kept my interest. I’d happily see them again.
http://www.myspace.com/thisdevastatedfan

The set list was

1: Overture
2: Waiting For The Day
3: Call Me Baby
4: Life Most Ordinary
5: Strangest Conversation
6: Uptight
7: Passenger Seat
8: Wide Awake
9: White Light
10: Secret Traffic

Many thanks to Celine (REalFrog)and her family for their hospitality last night.

PS: Apologies for the late post – that last pint of Kronenbourg and a late finish put paid’ to writing anything last night!

"So very proud"