mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 05 Dec 2022, 11:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bath Moles Club: 28th October 2007
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2007, 01:48 
Site Admin

(a.k.a. Judas' first night on the mesh-tour!)

Found the venue after a very strenuous two minute walk from the Bath Travelodge and met my fellow (and, as far as this weekend is concerned even more dedicated than me) mesh-heads outside.

After a long wait (ok I know we were somewhat early) we finally gained admission and enjoyed a drink and chat with the lads.

A pleasant enough (but in all honesty probably pretty unmemorable) female solo singer was on first. The second band were (in my humble opinion, for what it's worth etc etc) unmitigated sh*te. Pretty brutal & 'muscular' rock. - just not for me at all (thanks Anthony for the sanity preserving earplugs!)

Our heroes were on next and, adapting very well to the 'mood' created by the previous 'artistes', played a pretty rocking set themselves.

1: Cigarette
2: Uptight
3: Worse For Wear
4: Alive
5: Close My Eyes
6: White Light
7: Waiting For The Day

Swapping the set round (opening with Cigarette and closing with Waiting For The Day) worked very well on this particular occasion. I'm not sure the mix was spot on at the start of the set but the sound guy got things right before long. The last two songs seemed to get a particularly good audience response so hopefully there may be a few more converts!

The last band on (called 'Tripwires' I think) were actually pretty good. Not necessarily the sort of music I'd buy - but they played well and their music was enjoyable enough to listen to live. I wouldn't mind seeing them again in similar circumstances.

Another great evening, and a successful start to the tour from my point of view (albeit a day late!)

Roll on Liverpool tomorrow (ok, make that later today!)

"So very proud"