mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 05 Dec 2022, 11:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Weds 31st October 2007
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2007, 02:20 
Site Admin

Everyone should have been at this gig - you would genuinely struggle to find any band more 'on fire' than the lads were tonight.

Shorst, but oh so sweet, they wowed an audience that, to be fair, mainly consisted of the five other bands' friends and families. If I heard one person comment 'amazing', 'best band tonight', 'really enjoyed that' I heard it getting on for a dozen times.

They really were in a league of their own amongst some quite competent (but to my mind uninspired) other bands. Inspirational, intuitive and highly accomplished musicianship amongst , well, ok for example a band that were like Oasis but not as good, another that were like Feeder but not as good, bands that so valued their chance to play at The Cavern that they played covers... I know I'm a massive fan and undoubtedly biased but the comments of others just reinforced my own opinion that mesh-29 quite literally blew very other band not only off the Cavern Club stage but more like completely out of Greater Merseyside.

Set list
1: Waiting For The Day
2: Uptight
3: Wide Awake
4: White Light
5: Over The Barricade
6: Cigarette

Tonight was indeed a classic. and I'm sure will prove to be a significant landmark on the road to much greater recognition and appreciation of the undisputed talents of mesh-29.

In the words of Morrissey (also used in another context over the last couple of days) in terms of being able to be present at this gig then "the pleasure, the privilege is mine".

"So very proud"