mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 29 Jan 2023, 23:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Peterborough Radius: Friday 2nd November 2007
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 15:55 
Site Admin

As announced by Mezza on myspace:

After the last sell-out gig at the Met Lounge in Peterborough, Mesh-29 play the slightly larger Radius venue on Friday 2nd November. Located above the Solstice, a two minute walk from the town centre. Check out a map here. This will be their last hometown gig of the year.

Tickets are £4 (plus booking fee of 75p per ticket and handling fee of £1.50 per transaction) from SeeTickets. Please visit http://www.seetickets.com/s.asp?a=mesh-29&p=6040 to go straight to the page.

Venue: Radius, Northminster, Peterborough, PE1 1YN
Doors open at 8pm. Age restriction: 16+
Support bands to be announced soon.

I've just booked my ticket.

"So very proud"

Last edited by MCGlentworth on 03 Nov 2007, 03:20, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 17:46 
Site Admin

Nice one! Yeah there is a transaction fee, so if there's a group of you going, it's best to buy them altogether as it will still be £1.50 split between the group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2007, 08:52 
Site Admin

Got an email from SeeTickets this morning to say my tickets had been despatched.

Edit: No sooner had I posted that then postie called and I now have the said tickets! Interesting slight printing error in that the price is shown as £0..4 rather than £4.00.

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007, 22:29 
Site Admin

We're going to have a transatlantic visitor at the Radius show - Leah from Toronto (a mere 3,500 miles away) will be joining us!!

(no excuse for non-attendance on the part of UK based Mesh-heads now!!)

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 18:03 
Site Admin

Nice to see coverage in the local press to promote the gig...
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/loca ... 3418567.jp

As it covers more than just this gig, the text of the article is posted here:
http://www.mesh29.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=749

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2007, 19:19 
Site Admin

Only two days to go to the hometown gig - hopefully the levels of excitement in "P-town" are building. Anyone?

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2007, 20:06 

Have tickets but not sure if we will be able to go due to circumstances beyond our control :?

I hope to see them before the end of the year though - somewhere or other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2007, 00:01 

poppy wrote:
Have tickets but not sure if we will be able to go due to circumstances beyond our control :?

aww shame hun hope u get to see them somewhere else :)

still cutting myself up about not getting to Bath the other day :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2007, 07:58 

Rachel wrote:
poppy wrote:

aww shame hun hope u get to see them somewhere else :)

still cutting myself up about not getting to Bath the other day :(

Thanks - it's not a definite we won't go but it will be pretty last minute I would think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007, 09:39 
Site Admin

The great day is here - hope the assembled mesh-heads can make it a night to remember for the band (and fans of course).

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007, 12:04 

According to their MySpak bulletin there's only 40 tickets left...

Hope everyone has fun tonight! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007, 15:20 
Site Admin

Thanks Hannah!

I'm currently headed up to London to meet up with our esteemed "transatlantic mesh-head" Leah (alphamoongirl). We'll then travel back to Peterborough for the gig (which, perhaps unsurprisingly, will be her first mesh gig)

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 03:18 
Site Admin

It's late (or rather early now) so suffice to say that it was wonderful to see them get such a wonderful (and very-well deserved) hometown reception. Excellent long set too.

1: Cigarette
2: Uptight
3: 5 am
4: Wide Awake
5: My Brand New Lullaby
6: Closing Scar
7: Alive
8: Passenger Seat
9: Close My Eyes
10: Worse For Wear
11: White Light
(encore)
12: Over The Barricade (‘hybrid’ piano/full band version)
13: Waiting For The Day

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 05:13 

YAY! I finally got to witness Mesh-29 live.. what an amazing evening it was! What a lovely surprise it was to have Adam greet me at the door and welcome me to the gig. He was so sweet :)

I wasn't too impressed with the first opener - Sketches but they did have their moments. I think it was moreso the sound more than anything. It just didn't sound as clean as it should. I bought their CD and will give it a listen when I get back to Toronto. I was really impresed with The Brays - they had quite an interesting sound about them. As much as I was interested in them, I was getting quite anxious for Mesh-29 to come on. Finally - around 10:15pm, they finally came on.

Overall, they played a beautiful mixture of old and new songs. Adam's voice was absolutely magical live.. and I was thoroughly intrigued with the passion Anthony put into his piano playing. He was fun to watch. A big shout out to Dave on drums. You did great on your first official hometown gig!!

My favorites were Waiting for the Day, My Brand New Lullaby, Wide Awake and Passsenger Seat (Anthony's solo on the piano). I wasn't really familiar with it but loved it from the first verse onwards.

Thanks to the band for taking time out to talk to me, sign my cd and take a pic with me after the show. I know you were all busy but I really appreciated your kindness. Your show was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to the UK and I'll DEFINITELY be going back to Toronto and telling everyone I know to order your CD!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 13:58 

Alphamoongirl wrote:
YAY! I finally got to witness Mesh-29 live.. what an amazing evening it was! What a lovely surprise it was to have Adam greet me at the door and welcome me to the gig. He was so sweet :)

I wasn't too impressed with the first opener - Sketches but they did have their moments. I think it was moreso the sound more than anything. It just didn't sound as clean as it should. I bought their CD and will give it a listen when I get back to Toronto. I was really impresed with The Brays - they had quite an interesting sound about them. As much as I was interested in them, I was getting quite anxious for Mesh-29 to come on. Finally - around 10:15pm, they finally came on.

Overall, they played a beautiful mixture of old and new songs. Adam's voice was absolutely magical live.. and I was thoroughly intrigued with the passion Anthony put into his piano playing. He was fun to watch. A big shout out to Dave on drums. You did great on your first official hometown gig!!

My favorites were Waiting for the Day, My Brand New Lullaby, Wide Awake and Passsenger Seat (Anthony's solo on the piano). I wasn't really familiar with it but loved it from the first verse onwards.

Thanks to the band for taking time out to talk to me, sign my cd and take a pic with me after the show. I know you were all busy but I really appreciated your kindness. Your show was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to the UK and I'll DEFINITELY be going back to Toronto and telling everyone I know to order your CD!!

glad u got to see them and enjoyed the show :) yea the boys really know how to treat their fans dont they :) have a fab time on the rest of ur trip to the uk :)