mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 16 Aug 2022, 17:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Last fm
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008, 01:59 

Hi all
I joined Last.fm yesterday and thought maybe we could have a thread on here where people can post their profile username so that we can add each other or post their weekly listened playlist etc. Maybe even find some new artists through each other too.

Well I guess I'll start. My username is xxpaperdreamsxx so feel free to add me and my current top 10 playlist from the last day looks like this (so it desn't really represent what I listen to very well yet):
Editors - 10
The Kooks - 5
Mesh-29 - 4
The Hoosiers - 3
Kaiser Chiefs - 2
Paolo Nutini - 2
I Was a Cub Scout - 2
Keane - 1
Snow Patrol - 1
The Wombats - 1

(Sorry if this is in the wrong bit or has been post before I couldn't find a thread like it)

Post subject: Re: Last fm
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008, 22:57 
Site Admin

I'm on there too (as MCGlentworth). There's been quite a lot in the press (in the UK anyway) recently about LastFM's "business model" (and whether this is in the best interests of the artists whose music is "featured").

I've sadly been too busy (both with work and gigs!) to fully read up on all this and to get to grips with 'the rights and wrongs' involved. If Adam or Ant see this then maybe they could give us an opinion on LastFM from the musician's perspective?

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2008, 05:39 

Yeah I've heard that there has been a bit going on with it. It's not very well know here. But I mean the site does have some positives even for the band by recommending artists based on one's music taste. But anyway I thought it wouldn't hurt to have a thread about it, I mean lots of people still use the program. But feel free to delete it if that's better no harm intended :)

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2008, 07:21 
Site Admin

You're right of course - the recommendation side of it has to be a positive. At least it's getting an artist's name "out there" a bit more.

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2008, 11:52 
Site Admin

I'm SO behind the times! Never heard of this place - had a quick scoot about now, but will have a proper look later. I can see this being another place for me to sign up to!

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 15:44 
Site Admin

If anyone is on Last FM, feel free to post your Last FM page link here. We can then even be nosey and see what we're all listening to!

Mine is http://www.last.fm/user/MCGlentworth

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 08:42 

Yay more people, then we can get more Mesh-29, Candle Thieves and Mismatch listeners :)

I just realised I never posted a link for mine it's still http://www.lastfm/user/xxpaperdreamsxx

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 09:28 

MCGlentworth wrote:
If anyone is on Last FM, feel free to post your Last FM page link here. We can then even be nosey and see what we're all listening to!

Mine is http://www.last.fm/user/MCGlentworth

Ooh! Mesh, Keane,and Rufus! :) What excellent taste! :D

I don't think I know how to link up to this, but I don't listen to the radio much anyway. :)

Diana :)
xx

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 13:57 

Just to give you more info incase you do want to join Diana, Last.fm counts most of your music through what you play on your mp3 player or computer. But there is also a built in radio which finds music depending on what sort of music you like. In the UK this part is free, but over here there is now only a trial of about 30 songs and then you would have to subscribe (this was changed a couple of months ago)

Hope this makes it a bit clearer. Sorry though if you already knew all that

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 20:05 

No I did'nt know that. Thanks for the info paperdreams. :) I'll look into it when I come back from holiday. :)

Diana
:) xx