mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 16 Aug 2022, 17:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Talk To Angels
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 22:33 

Was totally unaware of this band until recently and my cousins son (whatever that makes him to me - 1/2 cousin/great cousin) is the lead singer. They have been together for 5 years and for the last year and half have had the services of Mickey Dale from Embrace who is now on keyboards for them and helps write and produce. They have just recorded their first video which is on myspace and youtube, they are only young lads, average age about 18 but could be going places.

I went to see them recently at Subculture in Leeds and they were quite impressive, venue is cool, very small and intimate, a bit weird cos it opens about half 7 for the bands, closes at around 10.30 for live music but then turns into a club. There was also another band who were half decent and an acoustic singer who did lots of cover versions including Alcoholic by Starsailor.

Have a look on myspace and see what you think:
http://www.myspace.com/talktoangels

Post subject: Re: Talk To Angels
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 22:06 
Site Admin

When I read the blurb on their myspace I thought I wouldn't like these at all. On listening to a few of their songs though, they are quite a bit better than I feared.

The vocals, whilst not being even remotely like the voices that I love, are probably better than most of the bands of this type that I've heard. The songs too, were more interesting than I'd expected - especially 'The Unravelling Emo Boy' and 'This Broken Home'. I wouldn't travel to see them live but might (just maybe) go and see them if they played the Leopard.

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2008, 20:44 

Not sure when you visit your parents in Bradford Martin but they are playing tomorrow night at The Love Apple Cafe in Bradford City Centre. I finish work at 8pm but will be going down there after work. They have their first video done now (She - on youtube) and have a few new songs up on myspace.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2008, 23:36 
Site Admin

mowgli77 wrote:
Not sure when you visit your parents in Bradford Martin but they are playing tomorrow night at The Love Apple Cafe in Bradford City Centre. I finish work at 8pm but will be going down there after work. They have their first video done now (She - on youtube) and have a few new songs up on myspace.

Normally weekends only - and I don't 'stop over'. To be honest it's probably The Leopard or "not at all" for this band!

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 21:06 
Site Admin

See, I got round to posting on here eventually, one of these days I'll meet myself coming back! Anyway, like I said in Peterbrough, you've got a talented relative there Phil lad. I like 'She' and video for it is well good. It just goes to show you don't need to spend an obscene amount of money to get your point across. Reckon it's damn good they've got that opportunity in New York too. Really hope it goes well for 'em.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 21:24 

They are off to the old U S of A next week as far as I know so fingers crossed for them. Apparently there are a few people over there interested in them. Seen them a few times recently and their songs are very catchy, especially He Loves Cilla. It would be good to see both Talk To Angels and Mesh-29 make a big breakthrough in 2008.