mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 16 Aug 2022, 17:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Glasvegas
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2008, 07:00 

Any more Glasvegas fans about? Heard of them 2 years ago, and quite liked what i heard, but had forgotten about them until recently with the releases of Geraldine and Daddys Gone.

Debut album is released today, and i highly recommend it to everyone.

Preview album tracks..... http://www.myspace.com/glasvegas

Post subject: Re: Glasvegas
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2008, 21:04 
Site Admin

I may have been traumatised by Wet Wet Wet many years ago. Yep that song. *shiver* and I've tended to have a bit of an aversion to Scottish singers, but y'know I've stuck with these and I quite like 'em. I was thinking of going to see them when they were at The Leopard recently, but I seem to remember it being proper torrential rain that night and I was too attached to my brew!

I like 'Geraldine' and 'Go Square Go' off the album.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2008, 01:24 
Site Admin

I was actually offered "guest-list" to see them at The Leopard - but was already committed to a "far better offer" (Ben Folds at Sheffield Academy).

I do like (at least) one of their songs. Can't think which at the moment (it's not Geraldine though!)

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2008, 21:20 

This band would probably have passed me by but a girl at work had got 2 albums by accident off Play.com and only wanted one so I bought the other off her. Wasn't too sure about it at first but certainly grown on me and I love it now. I also like Go Square Go, a real anthem and I can imagine this being really popular at their gigs, especially near the end of the song (here we, here we, here we fucking go) with everyone chanting it. Really like Daddys Gone too and think the album is great. I'm going to get tickets to see them at Leeds Met, £12 entry in December and looking forward to seeing if they're any good live. Wish i'd seen them at The Leopard.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 00:33 
Site Admin

Apparently they could only 'be bothered' to play for 20 minutes at The Leopard. Ideas above their station maybe?

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 10:02 

MCGlentworth wrote:
Apparently they could only 'be bothered' to play for 20 minutes at The Leopard. Ideas above their station maybe?

Yes, what is all that about. The lad and his girlfriend that I got to buy the mesh album said they only played about 5 or 6 songs when they were at The Leopard. I thought he might have been mistaken and missed half a set like they did with Mesh-29 but clearly not. If you'd travelled miles to see them you'd be a little pissed off with 20mins and goodbye. I hope they don't already have the "do you know who I am" attitude that seems to accompany so many stars and wannabes.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2008, 15:38 
Site Admin

20 minutes? Blimey. I'd have been most miffed travelling for that, and I seem to remember tickets being £8. I hope you get more for your £12 come Leeds Phil.