mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 16 Aug 2022, 16:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: White Lies
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2008, 20:56 

There have been early comparisons to many bands including Joy Division but I think they also sound like The Killers and Depeche Mode. I have seen them twice this week supporting Glasvegas at Leeds (Sunday) and Manchester (Monday) and they were fantastic. They are back in Leeds at the Leeds Academy next February and have been nominated by MTV as the band to look out for in 2009. Their video "To lose my life" is the feature video chosen for myspace and has got plenty of play time lately.

They have a song called Unfinished Business which is really catchy and is available as a free download from their site, great lyrics, good musically and one that you find yourself humming afterwards. Have a look on their site or their myspace and see what you think. I think you'll be impressed and they are certainly one to watch out for, some very good reviews lately and I'd definitely go see them as an act on their own rather than just a support band.

http://www.whitelies.com/

http://www.myspace.com/whitelies

Post subject: Re: White Lies
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 22:11 

I heard one of their songs a few weeks ago, and went to their myspace page.

Yeah, i like :)

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 17:58 

I went to the NME Shockwaves tour on Sunday and White Lies were one of the 4 bands on (other 3 being Glasvegas, Friendly Fires and Florence and the machine). They were excellent and I enjoyed them more than Glasvegas. I've got the album and I think it's fantastic, i'm guessing a few agree as it went straight in at number one in the album chart after release. Well worth buying and definitely a band to see live. :D

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009, 07:48 

I've been listening to unfinished business, death and to lose my life quite a lot lately. I really enjoy them. Anyone got the new album? I haven't heard it yet but it would be good to hear what other think abut it