mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 16 Aug 2022, 16:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Days
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007, 02:38 

These lads are from Devon, and i've been following them now for almost 2 years, back when they were unsigned and when they were a 3 piece with no guitarist, recently signed up to Atlantic Records, and should be releaseing their debut album early next year.

http://www.myspace.com/thedaysmusic

and for my favourite song by them (which isnt on their myspace page....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkFOwGy7K2Y

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007, 09:36 
Site Admin

I actually know that song really well. I don't think it's from the radio so they must have had it on myspace a while ago. I think I may have spoken to them on myspace once when they'd just been signed. They sound pretty cool though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2007, 23:17 
Site Admin

I've had a couple of 'myspace' invites from them. Each time I've listened to their songs, and thought they were pretty good but I ultimately didn't accept the invites as they didn't quite seem to have that 'magical spark' that ignites my love of a band's music.

That's not a criticism. I've said the same about Ghosts and Air Traffic. All perfectly competent, with some pretty good songs... but just (for me) missing that vital (and often indefinable) "something" that makes me a fan.

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2007, 20:24 

Went to see The Fray last night at Manchester Apollo and The Days were the support act. I thought they were really good, first support act that's made me sit up and take notice for a while. Their first few songs were excellent and I thought the singer had a good voice. Some of the later songs were a bit poppy and cheesy though. I'll be getting their album when it's released though.

Couldn't help but think if a band like The Days can get on a tour with a decent band when will Mesh-29 have their turn. It was packed last night and an ideal venue for a band like Mesh-29 to provide the support act. There were so many people there last night who will like piano/acoustic/ballad type music and yet have probably never heard songs like Waiting For The Day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 03:23 
Site Admin

mowgli77 wrote:
Couldn't help but think if a band like The Days can get on a tour with a decent band when will Mesh-29 have their turn. It was packed last night and an ideal venue for a band like Mesh-29 to provide the support act. There were so many people there last night who will like piano/acoustic/ballad type music and yet have probably never heard songs like Waiting For The Day.

Exactly! The Days are signed however, and these days it seems to be record company money that "buys" support slots on tours like this. Shall we have a 'whip-round'?

"So very proud"

Post subject: Re: The Days
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008, 23:10 

oo these lads supported Scouting For Girls last night :) i was very impressed with them :) there are photos on my facebook page :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58627&l=8a30e&id=643957680

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:01 

I keep meaning to catch these guys live but not quite got round to it yet. Should try and make a bit more of an effort really.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 22:24 

Theres not a better feeling than a band i've hyped up for almost 3 years get their new video played on the tv, and are constantly on Q's top 10 requested songs of the day

"No ties" is due to be released early January, and they've just announced their own UK tour dates for January and February, if you get the chance, i'd reccommend for you to go and see them, tickets are only £5 or £6.

Oh and if you have spare time, go to their Myspace page, and check out the video for their cover of Ushers "In This Club". Yes i know its a shit song, but its an amazing cover

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 23:12 

loving No Ties its a great track (esp live lol) i'm gonna try and get to see them on their own tour next year they really were great support for Scouting For Girls. I've even got Jane as my profile song on my myspace :)

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2008, 18:03 

I'll be going to see them when they play Leeds, was impressed when they supported The Fray at Manchester Apollo.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2008, 19:52 
Site Admin

MCGlentworth wrote:
mowgli77 wrote:

Exactly! The Days are signed however, and these days it seems to be record company money that "buys" support slots on tours like this. Shall we have a 'whip-round'?

Thirded! It's just getting that opportunity. As for a whip round...well I get paid tomorrow, I can sport you a couple of pennies. Rest of it's going on my credit card bill!

As for the original point of this topic, The Days...well I think I'm off to go make me a new myspace friends. Thanks Kev!