mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 16 Aug 2022, 17:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Eurovision 2009
PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 23:40 
Site Admin

I didn't watch the show (as most of you know I haven't got a TV, and of course I was "in the pub" anyway) but on checking it out today I thought the winning Norwegian entry was actually quite a decent pop song by Eurovision standards, written and performed by someone (Alexander Rybak) who seems to be a genuine musician (violinist/pianist). Although certainly no masterpiece in any lyrical sense, I thought the song was (at least) better than OK.

And probably better than most of the acts I've seen supporting (or been supported by) mesh-29 and/or the Candle Thieves.

But what do I know?

"So very proud"

Post subject: Re: Eurovision 2009
PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 09:49 

I did'nt watch it either. I can't seem to feel any enthusiasm for it. I've probably seen too many of them. :) It seems to go on for ever, and the UK entry does'nt usually seem to get anywhere. :) Give me a good live performance any day! :) Certain performers hold my interest - I think we all know who they are! :lol:

Diana :)
xx

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 22:31 
Site Admin

I didn't watch it either. I was too busy shaking my tambourine at Liam Gallager :wink: But that's a whole other thread when I write it up! Although I did get a text of Kev (Kev Mac) wanting to know why there wasn't a forum sweep on it!

I've not watched it for years myself, but everyone seems to be raving about this Norwegian entry and that we ended up fifth. I can't comment on the songs as I've not heard them, but good on the UK for getting a respectable result.

PostPosted: 19 May 2009, 21:20 

Oh I watched it! It's one of my sad traditions! :oops:

I hated Norway's song - I was so annoyed with it in the end cos they kept playing it & it was just....... aaaarrrrggghhhh, I can't even explain my thought process on it! It just irritated the hell out of me! :twisted:

I was all for Malta with her Celine Dion-type ballad! lol

Then I liked Iceland who I think finished quite high & really liked Denmark's song but then it transpired it's one that Ronan Keating wrote & I realised why I liked it so much! I was a massive Boyzone fan back in t'day :oops:

Oh dear, in one post I've confessed I like Eurovision & Boyzone! The shame! haha

PostPosted: 20 May 2009, 13:24 

I only saw the end of it. I wasn't massively impressed by the song but they got points for the violin.