mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 16 Aug 2022, 16:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Beatles.
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2009, 09:15 

I was excited to read in the Daily Telegraph today, that the Beatles are expected to take five of the Top 10 album chart slots this weekend. :D

For those of us who remember the Beatles in their heyday (and that's probably only me on this Board) it was an amazing phenomenon, and I'd say, changed the music scene for ever. I never saw them live, but their music was everywhere you went! :) It almost seemed that no one was listening to anything else! :)

I've ordered "Hard Days Night" as it has some of my favourite Beatles songs on it. It should arrive this morning. :D It was very hard to choose, and I may have to order another one. :) I did have some of their original vinyls, but I disposed of them last year, as they were rather scratched, and I had nothing to play them on. :( Who would have thought, there would be such interest in their music after all these years. It just shows how timeless it is. :)

Diana :)
xx

Post subject: Re: The Beatles.
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2009, 19:46 
Site Admin

I fall into the not old enough category, but I agree with you totally Diana how their music has lasted. So many bands are just a flash in the pan. OK, one hit wonders have their place (usually on a drink fuelled holiday) but the kind of staying power the music The Beatles produced is something many dream of but only a few musicians are lucky enough to achieve.

The only Beatles CD I own is the 1 one, the greatest hits y'know. A much listen to one on the ipod though, so thumbs up.

That's some achievement though, having half of the top ten if it happens. Which I'm sure it will due to the legions of fans that they still have. Is this to mark some significant anniversary of something Beatles related BTW?

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2009, 22:49 

Disco Biscuit wrote:
I fall into the not old enough category, but I agree with you totally Diana how their music has lasted. So many bands are just a flash in the pan. OK, one hit wonders have their place (usually on a drink fuelled holiday) but the kind of staying power the music The Beatles produced is something many dream of but only a few musicians are lucky enough to achieve.

The only Beatles CD I own is the 1 one, the greatest hits y'know. A much listen to one on the ipod though, so thumbs up.

That's some achievement though, having half of the top ten if it happens. Which I'm sure it will due to the legions of fans that they still have. Is this to mark some significant anniversary of something Beatles related BTW?

The only reason that I can find is that it is 45 years since they appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show in the USA. :shock: Gosh, doesn't the time go quickly! :lol:

Diana
:) xx

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2009, 22:45 
Site Admin

Doesn't it just. 45 years, blimey. But that is some serious staying power to remain in the hearts of so many people all that time.

This weeks charts will make for interesting reading if they get their five. Another record for them, I'm sure.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 10:56 
Site Admin

Anyone buying The Times today (for the Candle Thieves article of course!) will find a free 40 page "Guide to the Beatles" booklet enclosed too.

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 11:11 

MCGlentworth wrote:
Anyone buying The Times today (for the Candle Thieves article of course!) will find a free 40 page "Guide to the Beatles" booklet enclosed too.

Two for the price of One for me then! :lol:

Diana
:) xx