mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 16 Aug 2022, 17:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Coldplay.
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2009, 23:59 

Did anyone see The South Bank Show last night, which featured Coldplay? :)

I know it's probably not fashionable to like them, but I must declare my interest! :lol: I especially liked their last album "Vida la Vida". :) The programme only contained small bits of the songs unfortunately, but I found it interesting to see how they developed from their lowly surroundings in Camden, into the famous band they are now. :)
I was impressed by their "normalness" (if there is such a word). They came over as very unstarry and down to earth. :) Tim Rice-Oxley of Keane was a friend of Chris Martin at Uni in London, and was asked to join the band in the early days. :) How nice that both bands have achieved such success.

Diana :)
xx

Post subject: Re: Coldplay.
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 19:58 
Site Admin

I didn't see them, no. But whether they're fashionable or not I'm a Coldplay person. Liked them from the first time I heard 'Yellow' and saw the simple video of Chris Martin walking along the beach. Went off them a bit when all the world and his wife seemed to love them, but have come back to them since X&Y.