mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 16 Aug 2022, 17:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Little Thoughts
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 22:41 
Site Admin

A young (17/18 year old) band, based locally here in Doncaster. They've: a) supported Mesh-29 at both their gigs at The Leopard and b) actually joined this forum! http://www.mesh29.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17&start=45

More 'Killers-influenced' than anything else, but there's a bit of Keane in there too. I really like their sound and have been to see them play live again locally since the Mesh gigs - and will do again! http://www.myspace.com/littlethoughtsband

I particularly like 'Uninspired'.

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2007, 13:03 
Site Admin

Yep. We approve. I've seen them the two times they supported Mesh-29 at Doncaster an' all. They're a nice bunch of lads too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2007, 01:33 

Disco Biscuit wrote:
Yep. We approve. I've seen them the two times they supported Mesh-29 at Doncaster an' all. They're a nice bunch of lads too.

thanks alot glad you like us! x

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2008, 14:32 
Site Admin

An (amateur) video of their gig at the Plug in Sheffield last Sunday afternoon. I'd have been there myself had I not received a "better offer"!
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... &plindex=0

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2008, 21:45 
Site Admin

Yep, I got the myspace bulletin with this in. Admittedly not had chance to watch it all the way through yet. It's on my 'to do' list.

Considering it's an amateur recording, it's very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008, 22:43 
Site Admin

I'm pleased to announce that Little Thoughts will again support mesh-29 at the Leopard gig on 1st April.
http://www.myspace.com/littlethoughtsband

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 00:34 
Site Admin

Have to admit I was a bit impressed when you told me that the other day Martin. Two for the price of one...(why ruin the illusion of Yorkshire folk being tight!)

I did spot on the myspace page they're playing Vintage Rock Bar on the 17th May. I feel another jaunt coming on...*tootles off to check diary*

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 00:36 
Site Admin

Disco Biscuit wrote:
Have to admit I was a bit impressed when you told me that the other day Martin. Two for the price of one...(why ruin the illusion of Yorkshire folk being tight!)

I did spot on the myspace page they're playing Vintage Rock Bar on the 17th May. I feel another jaunt coming on...*tootles off to check diary*

The day after ULU. I guess it could be fitted in!

"So very proud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 00:53 
Site Admin

Well you will go jaunting down to London at the drop of a hat! :wink:

Least I know where Vintage Rock Bar is after I took the scenic route to yours that time. I'm learning geography, who ever would have guessed.

I've got nowt in the diary for that day. Yay? Nay? Take it as it comes? Ah...it's pencilled in!

Post subject: Re: Little Thoughts
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 22:09 
Site Admin

Two reviews (and Kerry's photos) of Little Thoughts deputising as headliners can be found here in the Gigs section (as it was, on paper, a mesh gig!)

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 20:05 
Site Admin

It's confirmed that Little Thoughts will be the local support at the re-arranged mesh-29 Doncaster gig at The Leopard on Tuesday 22nd April.

They were in the studio yesterday and there's now an (unmixed) version of one of their newest songs 'Witness' on their myspace http://www.myspace.com/littlethoughtsband

For anyone local to Doncaster, the gig on 17th May that Kerry mentioned has been cancelled, but Little Thoughts are on the bill this coming Tuesday (8th) at the Vintage Rock Bar.

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2008, 00:31 
Site Admin

Aye, they told me they'd cancelled 17th one due to it being in the middle of exam season. Fancy these student people actually having to study! :wink:

Ooh, slight side note - The lads are using on of the photo's I took on the 1st as their profile pic on myspace. How proud am I?! :D

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2008, 16:38 
Site Admin

Local (to me!) Doncater band Little Thoughts (happily the 'regular local support band' for mesh-29 when they play here) have made the final six in a competition to support Pigeon Detectives in Leeds in May. Every vote counts so if anyone has a spare minute or so please help them by visiting http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/custompages/CustomPage.aspx?pageID=72391 or text "YEPPIGEON LITTLE THOUGHTS" to 81800 (I understand it's normal text charge plus 25p)

Kerry, Jennie and myself have all been impressed with this young band when they've played at The Leopard.

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2008, 17:18 
Site Admin

Just a follow up to Martin's post - You can vote more than once, but only once a day mind you.

If you like them, please take a few seconds to vote - we all know how hard the music industry is and everyone needs a break.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2008, 22:41 
Site Admin

Found a picture of the legend that is the 'Donny Dancing Guy' 'strutting his stuff' to Little Thoughts on 1st April

If he's there again next Tuesday then I'm definitely buying him a pint!

"So very proud"