mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 05 Dec 2022, 11:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Palladium
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2007, 13:38 
Site Admin

OK, I went to see Mika the other week (VERY good btw), but the support act was a right good little find. Yep, obviously you go see the main draw at a gig but every now and again the support comes good.

They might not be to everyone's taste, but share all the same y'know. The single is 'High 5', I like 'Get it Right' though.

I hoiked this off their myspace page 'cos I still ain't good at describing music!

http://www.myspace.com/palladiumofficial

Like your guitar bands to wear skinny jeans, namecheck Gang Of Four and display an air of nonchalance? You're in luck – there's about 352,487 of them out there right now, playing soon at a toilet venue near you. Want a band who'll mess with your preconceptions, challenge everything you ever thought about music and force you into a frenzy of fist-pumping joy down the front row? It's time you met Palladium, then – four supernaturally talented musicians whose very existence demands you build them a brand new pigeonhole. Here are some of the facts. Palladium formed last September, acquaintances through grueling tours on the session musician circuit. They make music that is epic, joyful and ludicrous, bringing to mind things that you love, and things that might make you feel rather uneasy: Pink Floyd, The Police, Fleetwood Mac's 'Tango In The Night', Steely Dan, Toto, Stevie Wonder, Hall & Oates and The Who in the early 70's. Better still, they wear some of the oddest clothes on earth: tweed jackets, flowery shirts, dangly earrings, bleached hair and golf visors (yep, all at once). On paper they sound like the worst band on earth, right? But then who ever enjoyed a band on paper?