mesh29.com

Have your say on our official forum!

It is currently 19 May 2022, 13:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello.
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 16:49 

Hello.
I am a bit late to finally register (even though I've watched this space as a guest). Thought I make a proper introduction as well.
I am Dörte. I know Mesh-29 since quite a while now - was found in 2006 and love them since then. For some reason I don't even know myself I have never seen them live. I love The Mismatch and The Candle Thieves, too! At least I have seen The Candle Thieves playing live once. :)
I love music but I can't play an instrument myself. Therefore I go to concerts and listen to a lot of music. And recently the most amazing social networking led me to a new "hobby"-I write about the concerts I go to and the music I listen to and the bands I like. Something I really enjoy. Basically I owe that to the fabulous music of the Candle Thieves. Before that I just wrote short stories to read them on a stage and make people smile to laugh.
I like all kinds of music but not all and the bands I love are not that often. Bands/Artists I love (Besides the ones I said already): Diefenbach, The River Phoenix, EoDM, 30 Seconds To Mars, Mika, Archive, Spleen United, The Eels, William Fitzsimmons, The Prodigy, Foo Fighters, The Good Fiction etc. I am a huge fan of danish music.
Well, my other hobbies besides music are study (haha), reading, watching movies, draw and stuff like that and to travel. (Travel to concert is actually one of the nicest things but there are not many bands I would really travel for.)
I think thats it. If you have any questions, just ask.

(P.S. I am not the biggest writer on forums so I probably won't write that much in the future.)

Post subject: Re: Hello.
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 19:56 
Site Admin

Hello Dörte, and a warm welcome to the forum.

It was great to meet you at 93 Feet East at the Candle Thieves gig on November 5th - sorry I had to rush off straight after they'd played due to me having another gig to go to that evening.

Thanks for joining the forum and for saying 'hello', also for posting more about yourself and interests in the other thread. It's a bit quiet on here (to say the least) at the moment, but hopefully things might get busier as The Candle Thieves and The Mismatch start more regular gigging as the year goes on.

I'm sure we'll meet again anyway, maybe even at a Candle Thieves gig in Berlin? I've done quite a bit of travelling in Germany in the past, but never actually made it to your home city.

"So very proud"

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 20:20 

Guten Tag!

Good to hear from you.

I don't write much on forums now, either.

I am aiming to come back to Berlin this year or next. I had a snapshot in November when I saw The Levellers at The Festhall. Really want to explore nearby Potsdam as well as the Potsdamer Platz and Alexander Platz areas of the city when I do come back. Just need a gig to get me over there! I'm keeping my eyes open!

Oh you've got me reminiscing about my November European trip now.........

C

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 22:21 

@MCGlentworth Thank you. I am quite sure we meet again. Maybe in Spring or at least when it is warmer-winter is not my favorite time of the year to spend my time on the streets. Or in Berlin. Or I make my next trip a bit longer than 20 hours (which might be the smartest idea) :D
Even without a gig Berlin is worth a vacation. ;) And we both know that when the Candle Thieves play in my town I sure will be there!

@poppiesfan Berlin is lovely in Spring and Summer. Alexander Platz is ugly. It is just not beautiful at all-not even when it is snowing. Potsdam is really beautiful. You should come here! A long weekend is just right.
I am reminiscing about London Trip in November so you are in good company. Aiming to travel to London somewhere in the near future. I love London. :)

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 00:15 

Hello Dorte. :)

Welcome to the Board! I'm sure you will enjoy being here, among people who share your admiration for the Candle Thieves and The Mismatch, who make the great music that we all love to hear. :)

Diana :)
xx

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 15:29 
Site Admin

Hello Dorte! Welcome to the forum. 'Tis always lovely to have new members. We're a nice friendly lot, hope you make loads of new friends from your love of music.

K :)

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 14:17 

Hello Dörte! Great to see you on here! It was lovely to meet you at 93 Feet East - I also hope for a gig in Berlin some time as it's a long time since I visited.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010, 22:43 

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

@Diana You forgot to mention the admiration for Mesh-29 which I have for years now. ;)

@Disco Biscuit I've met a few from here already on a gig and they were all so very nice!

@morganalefay Finally! Took way too long to register. Somehow it's funny that I travel to London and others to Berlin for gigs. The world became quite small. haha.